Del Ray Baby will host an informal soccer exchange to help out our community. If last season’s cleats are a bit too tight please join us to exchange them for a larger pair. We’ll be working on the honor system. Everyone is invited. Please tell your friends and teammates. If you bring a pair of shoes, you may take a pair.
How It Works
- Clean your out-grown cleats, tie the laces together and clearly label with size.
- Place your old clean cleats in the appropriate size location.
- Take home the pair that you need.
- Mount Vernon Community School/Recreation Center on Mt. Vernon Ave. on the outdoor basketball court (Across from Los Tios)
Time & Date
Monday, Sept. 15th at 6 p.m.
- Please clean cleats up before bringing them
- If the cleats have holes or broken soles please don’t bring them
- Please only soccer cleats — no baseball or American football
We look forward to seeing everyone!
It may not feel like it but today is the first day of spring! We can’t wait for the weather to catch up to the calendar! To help you get into a spring state of mind, here are several ideas for classes and sports that you can sign up for this spring-
Alexandria Soccer Association’s Spring Tots Soccer season is still signing up. This is for kids ages 2-4. ASA also has fantastic rec. leagues for ages 5 and up.
Have a budding Picasso in your house? Art at the Center‘s Spring Classes are now registering. Sessions will be from April 21- May 30
Get creative at Upcycle‘s next session- ART FUNDAMENTALS – Begins the Week of April 28! They offer classes for kids aged 1-10
The spring term begins April 6th at Old Town’s The Art League. Classes are available for kids 5 and up.
Alexandria’s Spring/Summer Recreation Guide is out and there’s tons of fantastic classes being offered. Just to touch on a few, there’s swimming, tumbling, organized sports, dance, arts and even technology!
A portion of Alexandria lies within Fairfax County and the Fairfax County Spring Parktakes is out and think Alexandria Rec. Guide on steroids. If your kid has an interest, there’s a class for it!