After being postposed on June 6th and 13th, it looks like third time is a charm and First Thursday will happen on June 20th!
Today is Del Ray’s First Thursday. Come out from 6-9pm along Mount Vernon Avenue and join friends and neighbors for lots of fun! Businesses will be open late and there will be fun activities for people and dogs.
The business association hasn’t released much information about the evening but here’s what I’ve gathered that local businesses will be doing:
- Del Ray Variety store will have Alexandria Police K-9 Unit demonstrations in their parking lot. Our premier sponsor The Little Gym of Alexandria at Van Dorn will also outside w/ interactive activities for the kids! The Animal Welfare League of Alexandria will be ccollecting pet supply donations in the store.
- The Animal Welfare League will be set up at Mt. Vernon and E. Oxford Avenues with staff and adoptable animals. Pet photographer Jeanne Taylor will be taking pictures of dogs outside of A Show of Hands that will be available for sale.
- Want to take a break and get a tasty bite to eat that kids and adults will love? Cheesetique will have live jazz all night.
- Upcycle Creative Reuse Center is moving to Del Ray at 1712 Mt. Vernon Ave.! Stop by and make an UpCycled dog toy for your special pooch. They are also collecting towels, blankets, bath mats and more for the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria.
- Free face painting at Bellies and Babies
- Homeward Trails & Operation Paws for homes will be along the 2500 block of Mt. Vernon Avenue in front of the Mt. Vernon Community School at ‘Rescue Row’ with dogs that are up for adoption.
- The Little Free Library stewards and friends will be at Bean Creative helping out the Alexandria Library folks with a readaloud of Martha Speaks, which will be available in the LFL at the corner of Windsor and Dewitt afterwards